Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cherie Currie myspace

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DJsistaTriba's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    does Cherie has one?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello!

    Yes i found Cherie on myspace. I think she just opened her account not too long ago. Also Vicky Blue has a profile there and ******** has one too. CHeck it out it's pretty cool!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member DJsistaTriba's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    can you post the link?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's an article about "MySpace" It's not only the kids who get targeted, though. There's also identity theft and just about every in - person crime you can think of.

    Are Your Kids Getting Too Personal Online?

    UPDATED: 7:19 am PST November 11, 2005

    CINCINNATI -- These days all kids surf the Net. So, Cincinnati television station WLWT wanted to see how much information they're really giving out online.

    What a WLWT reporter found on one Web site shocked her and some parents.

    WLWT: Do you have a daughter named Marissa?
    Mom: Uh-huh.
    WLWT: 16, goes to [high school deleted]?
    Mom: Yes.
    WLWT: Born May 10?
    Mom: Yes.
    WLWT: Are you wondering how I have all this information?


    The reporter had never met Marissa before. She didn't know her family. She had never had any contact with her at all until this Thursday night when she came knocking on her door.

    WLWT: Do you know how easy it was for me to find you?
    Marissa: It was probably pretty easy.


    Too easy, in fact, the station said.

    Mom:: It's that online stuff. It drives me crazy.


    Marissa is one of hundreds of kids who, once their chores and homework are done, go online into chat rooms and catch up with their friends.

    One of the hottest Web sites for kids is MySpace.com. And it's hot in several ways. Pictures include teenagers in their bathing suits, nearly naked, posing for the camera and posting their sexy, sassy snapshots for everyone to see.

    MySpace.com is where the station found Marissa -- and Colleen. She, too, had never met the reporter, but she will.

    WLWT: Do you have a daughter Colleen?
    Colleen's Dad: Yes I do.
    WLWT: Goes to [high school deleted]?
    Dad: Yes.
    WLWT: Blonde hair, blue eyes, 16?
    Dad: Yeah.
    WLWT: Do you wonder how I know all of that?
    Dad: Yeah.


    At MySpace, kids post profiles of themselves. They not only include pictures, but cute little facts such as their favorite food, movie or sport.

    WLWT: How popular is MySpace.com?
    Colleen: It's pretty popular. All my friends have them, and we talk there all the time.


    MySpace has more than 33 million members -- it's one of the most popular Web sites in the world. For the girls the station found, it's just innocent fun, but some kids get pretty flirty. They talk about their sexual preference -- one girl claimed she's a swinger. Another one talked about how good her sex skills are. And then there's the other information, personal information, that is a map right to girls' front doors.

    WLWT: Are you Lilly?
    Lilly: Yeah.
    WLWT: Go to [high school deleted]? Live here in Delhi Township?
    Lilly: Yes.
    WLWT: Is your date of birth 8-21?
    Lilly: Yeah.
    WLWT: Are you wondering how I know all of this?
    Lilly: I am.


    On these profiles, kids list their full names, their age, date of birth, where they go to school, where they live and where they work. The station even found cell phone numbers for some of these teens.

    WLWT: Why do you put so much stuff on here?
    Marissa: I don't know. To make it look neat.


    Colleen: In my mind, right now, I wasn't really thinking that. I was just thinking I just want to talk to my friends, and it was a fun way, inventive way.


    WLWT: All I had to do is look you up in the phone book, and I was here at your doorstep.
    Mom: It's kind of scary, isn't it, hun?
    Lilly: Yeah.


    For the parents the station surprised, it was no laughing matter.

    Mom: It could have been the camera guy here, showing up here tonight and telling me the same information and saying, 'I've been following your daughter. I've been following her to school in the morning.'


    Dad: I've seen stories on the television about it. I thought it was a danger, but you never think it can happen to you.


    But that's not all -- MySpace isn't just a Web site for teenagers. Although it prohibits anyone under 14 years old from using this Web site, there's really no way for MySpace to stop kids from lying about their age.

    In fact, Marissa said her 12-year-old sister dabbles on MySpace, too.

    Mom: It's all this technology that I'm not familiar with, I don't understand, and it's like, how do you control what you're kids are doing?


    But who are your kids talking to? They might not even know. While most are just chatting back and forth to other kids within their school, they can also talk with older -- much older -- men and women.

    Marissa: I don't think that something like that could happen to me, because everyone's doing it. It is like jumping on the bandwagon.


    But it can happen, and it does. Detective Rick Sweeney sees it all the time.

    Sweeney: It has the potential to be very, very dangerous.


    Sweeney works with a local Internet task force. He has busted dozens of guys who were preying on kids. All of these guys wanted to meet the kids in person.

    Sweeney: If there's a source out there for pedophiles or people that are looking to prey on girls or even young boys, this is a good place to go to try and find that information and not have to work to hard to get it.


    And with pictures and innuendos like these, Sweeney said, some kids are just inviting the creeps in, and they don't even know it.

    MySpace takes complaints, reviews member profiles and will delete members if they break the rules. But with millions of members, Sweeney said, it's up to parents to get involved to keep their kids safe.

    Colleen: I thought it was harmless until my mom confronted me about it and (WLWT) shows up on my doorstep.


    It was an embarrassing lesson for these kids, but a valuable one for their parents.

    Dad: It is scary. It is scary for any parent. I encourage any parent to be aware of what their child is doing.


    All of the kids in this story there have now removed their profiles from MySpace altogether or deleted the personal information. This is such a big concern, by the way, that students at one school in New Jersey are being suspended if they have these personal profiles, so it really can be dangerous.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Hilljayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Back to the point at hand, does someone have a link for Cherie or Vickie or that movie's myspace accounts? I am on there a lot now and would love to have them.

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    The SEARCH fuction works on that web site.

    Gus

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hilljayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gee Gus thanks for the head's up about that. Wow, never would have figured that out. I looked in the search function there and had no results which is why I asked. Geez.

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Not to be offensive Hilly but I think you must be logged in to use the search function
    and then once there, you have several options.
    Use the Friend Finder option.

    I had no problem finding Cherie's My Space Site.

    Cherie's My Space
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    GD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic